Dogs rescued from weekend apartment fire in Columbia

A member of the Columbia Fire Department carries a rescued dog Sunday during a response to an Apartment fire in eastern Columbia.

A member of the Columbia Fireplace Department carries a rescued canine Sunday throughout a response to an Apartment hearth in eastern Columbia.

An apartment hearth in eastern Columbia resulted in the rescue of two four-legged good friends Sunday.

The Columbia Hearth Division responded at about 4:02 p.m. Sunday to The Greens apartment complicated in the 4800 block of Clark Lane.

The fire was coming from a next-story condominium dependent on photos posted to social media by the fireplace section.

Two dogs have been rescued from the condominium hearth and dealt with with oxygen and other emergency treatment before they ended up transferred to animal control for further more evaluation and cure. The dogs have been up and walking inside 20 minutes centered on social media timestamps.

Not all animals survived. One particular cat and two rabbits had been killed as a end result of the hearth.

Columbia Fire Department personnel treat a dog with oxygen Sunday after it was rescued as part of a response to an aparment fire in Columbia.

Columbia Fire Office personnel take care of a pet with oxygen Sunday just after it was rescued as aspect of a response to an aparment fireplace in Columbia.

The hearth department had the blaze less than command in 10 minutes and had been venting the condominium of smoke.

A ladder truck was on scene of the hearth. The fireplace begun in the kitchen when combustible things arrived in get in touch with with the stovetop, the section reported.

Charles Dunlap addresses courts, public protection and other general subjects for the Tribune. You can reach him at or @CD_CDT on Twitter. Please consider subscribing to assist very important local journalism.

This posting at first appeared on Columbia Day-to-day Tribune: Apartment hearth leads to rescue of four-legged close friends in east Columbia