Bronx mother says unsafe living conditions worsened in Hunts Point apartment

A Bronx mother suggests unsafe residing disorders continue on to worsen in her Hunts Level condominium.

On Wednesday, Tasha Garcia showed Information 12 numerous violations in her condominium. Now, she says the metropolis or her landlord will stage in to relocate her.

Some of those people violations provided uncovered electrical wiring, water hurt, mold and other protection concerns. Just an hour right after News 12’s coverage on the issue on Wednesday, she claims her lavatory ceiling collapsed.

“I am disgusted. I am damage, I’ve been living in here for 11 years. It is unhappy they never even care,” reported Garcia.

The Bronx mom says she fears not only for her relatives but for the basic safety of her neighbors.

6 many years in the past, two baby sisters were scalded to death just after a radiator pipe broke in their condominium.

Garcia and Tenant Affiliation President Anne Martinez suggests quite minor has been completed to protect against an additional tragedy.

“We have been seeking for many years given that the infants died because of the radiator. Nothing has been carried out,” mentioned Martinez.

Garcia suggests she currently has no heat in her condominium. FDNY turned off the boiler when they arrived Wednesday night to inspect her lavatory cave-in.

News 12 cameras followed Garcia when hoping to discuss to a representative from the city’s Housing Preservation and Growth about the ceiling collapse in her toilet.

She claims she wishes her spouse and children relocated to short-term housing right away.

“They say they are not able to do nearly anything. This is an crisis, and we are continue to dwelling in this condominium,” reported Garcia.

She states she just cannot shower, use her sink or bathroom. She claims she’s worried that the lengthier she’s remaining to breathe in the debris from her bathroom, the more her family’s wellness is place at possibility.